The Port of Fujairah pledges its commitment to create sustainable added value to its services. The Port’s philosophy is built on the belief of sustainable development, characterised by integrated and long-term attention to environmental, social and economic progress, not only in the Emirate of Fujairah but also in the UAE.
THE PORT’S SUSTAINABILITY OBJECTIVES ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- To offer career development by supporting our teams through diversifying talents, engaging activities, motivation, training and increasing individual competency, while maintaining harmonious working relationships that contribute toward the sustainable success of our business.
- To measure our national and international impact by providing health, safety, environmental, and quality performance data through employee engagement surveys, customer satisfaction feedback and disclosing our performance.
- To encourage internal and external ideas and innovation, within our organisation and with our chain of supply, that can both create financial savings for the Port and benefits to our customers, society and the environment.
- To deliver sustainable profitable growth while satisfying our ethical, legal and contractual obligations.
- To comply with the local, national and international environmental legislation without disrupting competition with other ports.
- To reduce our environmental footprint.
- To promote the prevention of pollution and environmental awareness, response and recovery through proper communication with our colleagues, customers, government agencies, neighboring communities and environmental organizations and through the implementation of charges, penalties and fines to polluters.
- To establish procedures specifically designed to improve the efficiency of operations, that can address customer needs while preventing the activities and conditions that may pose a threat to human health, safety or the environment through communication, education, promotion of proactive leadership, training and compliance with the laws and international standards.
The Port of Fujairah is committed to continuously improve its sustainability performance and we recognise that our approach must be proactive to prepare the Port for future operations and development.
SAFETY (HSE POLICY)
Port of Fujairah is fully committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment for all its employees, contractors, customers, visitors and neighbours. Risk management by the elimination, prevention and systematic control of health, safety and environmental hazards is paramount for achieving our goal of ZERO health, safety and environmental incidents, accidents or damage. Through the full implementation of our Quality and Integrated Management System we are working towards becoming the partner of choice for all our stakeholders, from customers, business partners and shareholders, to employees, local communities and society at large.
IN ORDER TO MEET OUR HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND QUALITY OBJECTIVES, IN LINE WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS, THE PORT IS FULLY COMMITTED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Continuous improvement to working conditions and monitoring of the effectiveness of safety related controls are fundamental to our Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Policy.
- Care for safety, health and the environment is the guiding principle in all decisions we make and all activities we undertake; we continuously seek improvements in sustainable technologies, processes products and the use of natural resources and energy.
- Setting company objectives, expectations and key performance indicators, and continuously monitoring and reviewing our Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Goals.
- Regular training of employees to enhance employee competencies, skills, health, safety and environmental awareness and behaviour.
- Establishing procedures and compliance programmes that aim for a positive impact on the safety, health and environment of stakeholders, business partners, employees, contractors, customers and neighbouring communities, in particular the maintenance of emergency procedures in cooperation with local authorities and emergency services in order to minimize harm from any accidents or incident.
- Ensuring that the terminal, facilities and infrastructure are designed, operated and maintained in compliance with all applicable local and national laws and regulations, international standards and relevant industry best practices.
Our GOAL is ZERO Health, Safety and Environmental Incidents, Accidents or Damage.